Sheridan & Sawyer!

Sheridan & Sawyer!
Cupcakes!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Tiny tootie dressses herself...

Today has been our average monday! I run around like a mad woman trying to get the house put back in order after being at work for 4 days. Today I decided to convince my children that in order for Santa to bring them new gifts they have to get rid of their old toys. This worked for about 20 minutes! I rushed to fill a cardboard box with the stuff(aka crap) they have accumulated since the last time I thinned out the heard! Its the little stuff like happy meal toys, impulse buys at target, or just stuff I can't pick up and put away one. more. time. Sheridan went to her room to play so I decided to dig a little deeper than the regular 15 minute purge I am used to. The box began to fill quickly, books that sing, baby cell phones, and moxi barbies from MCDS. I knew my time was limited so I worked quickly. The box began to overflow and suddenly she emerged from her bedroom! BEGGING me not to get rid of her "FAVORITE" toys. I let her dig two back out and when she wasn't looking I dove in an snatched them back up....
Now that Sheridan is 3.5 years old I am struggling at being sneaky and sometimes in control. Today she dressed herself ALL.BY.HERSELF. This is a challenge for me being the control freak that I am. Especially when I walked into her room and there she was pants and shirt on backwards with the biggest, proudest, most confident smile around. So I took a deep breathe and convinced her it would be even better if Olivia was on forward facing. We went to walmart and she fit right in with her pants on backwards, butt crack hanging out, three shades of pink. She told every 3rd person that she dressed herself! I just smiled and nodded knowing that my outfit wasn't all that impressive as well...
Another day off tomorrow to enjoy with the tiny loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment