Sheridan & Sawyer!

Sheridan & Sawyer!
Cupcakes!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

F 22 why can't I throw an F22 code!

Okay... So most of you know that I am a control freak. In the car I DRIVE. In the kitchen I LIKE TO COOK MY FOOD. I take the kids to school so I know they are SAFE. These are my flaws I am an open control freak. So today I am not in control and I can't stand it. Sheridan has the GI flu. She is, as is any kid with the flu, a ticking time bomb. I have no idea when she is going to go off. I follow her everywhere with a bucket pleading with her to sit in my lap at all times so that mommy doesn't have to clean puke out of the carpet. It's days like this when god throws me a curve ball I realize how much control I actually don't have. Standing in the kitchen with her being held tall with my legs she is puking everywhere, the floor, herself, and me. I want to scream, throw in my Mom white flag, and run kicking and screaming out the front door. I want to throw the F22 code! The code that my whirlpool duet high efficiency washer throws when the door isn't tight, when the load is off, and so on!(I hate this washer that's why I put the model here so you don't make the same mistake) The same washer that threw this code with a load full of pukey clothes in it. I know now god is laughing at me. I know everyone is. I anxiously awaiting her next move. She is in bed, asleep, and looking like the sweet angel she is. Kills me to know that she isn't comfortable. I knew when I had kids that there are no breaks, there are no do overs, and that there is always the promise of a better day tomorrow. Now lets hope it was a fluke and tomorrow will be better! I am thankful for just flu bugs, icky noses, and coughs that go uncovered. I am thankful my kids are healthy overall! I can take the little ickies, the pukes, and the extra snuggles as an everyday demand of being a mom!
Sheridan and Sawyer are my world. With them I found myself. The person that I searched for since high school graduation. I found the MOM in me! So control freak or not I am a mom first. A mom that will will love them through it all, good times and bad, and even the pukes! Now lets just hope these doorknob lickers cut me some slack until next flu season!
On a sad side note, I want to ask you for a favor, for thoughts, and for prayers. My sweet Uncle Dickie is in the hospital fighting a battle with throat cancer. He is uncomfortable and fighting off pneomia. The old Alison would have run with my emotions. I would have hit up a bag of chips, a drive thru, or a bottle of wine. I haven't done any. I cried myself to sleep last night and let my emotions roll. I can not change the things that are happening to him but I can control the way I react. So step one in weight loss conquered by not loosing control with food! I will win!

No comments:

Post a Comment